Saturday, February 28, 2009

Skype

OS: Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex)
Kernel: 2.6.27-3-rt
Date: Feb 28th 2009

Hi few days back I've upgraded from Ubuntu 8.04 to 8.10, I faced few problems and skype audio was one of them.
Whenever I tried to place a call it used give a message "Problem with audio playback":
Here is a solution that worked for me, execute all these commands on terminal:
  • killall pulseaudio
  • sudo apt-get remove pulseaudio
  • sudo apt-get install esound - you can as well use synaptic package manager.
  • sudo rm /etc/X11/Xsession.d/70pulseaudio - this step is must otherwise you won't be able to login for next time
Now reboot the system and you should have working skype I haven't faced any other sound related problem since then.
And this one was posted at:
http://www.econowics.com/news-from-the-net/170/skype-problem-with-audio-playback-ubuntu-810-intrepid-ibex/

1 comment:

  1. This thing works. It worked for me. I wish some one will fix / patch pulseaudio soon.

    ReplyDelete