Monday, June 8, 2009

Firefox reset

OS: UBUNTU 9.04 (Jaunty Jackalope)
Kernel: 2.6.28-11-generic
Date: June 8th, 2009

Hello,
Today I came to school and started my firefox and to my surprise, I had lost everything :(. No "too many tabs", No "xmarks, No "stumble upon" and many more things. I was shocked to see all my precious tabs which are not important at all are lost.
I searched a little bit and got a little hint
So checked ~/.mozilla/firefox/
  • ls ~/.mozilla/firefox/
Saw 3 profiles (folders) there, 2 were previous (which I was supposed to lose) and one newly created.
And a file called profiles.ini
  • Open profiles.ini for editting (vi, nano, gedit etc)
  • Modify the field "Path = " change it from .default (newly created) to one of previous profiles (you may want to copy and paste folder name if you have more than on .default folders.
  • One more thing if you can't decide which .default you want to chose just explore that folder and you will see required plugins etc.
  • If firefox is running restart it.
And you will have your previous settings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment