Monday, May 25, 2009

Xlib: extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0"

OS: UBUNTU 9.04 (Jaunty Jackalope)
Kernel: 2.6.28-11-generic
Date: May 25th, 2009

Hi,
Yesterday I was upgrading from 8.10 - Intrepid to 9.04 - Jaunty. And it happened that my command prompt was completely filled with error Xlib: extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0". It was petrifying I'm not "terminal kinda guy" so whenever I see some error starting with "X", I get bumps. However my computer restarted smoothly without any problem - so I was happy. But when i tried installing one package but that one again filled my terminal with same error.
Anyway here is a quick fix, Just execute
  • sudo apt-get install libxcb-event0
I never got the same error again. Hope this will work for you guys as well
This solution was posted at: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1133105 Last checked May 25th, 2009

2 comments:

  1. Seems it does'nt work for me (i have the exact same problem, annonying in the long run).
    I don't have libxcb-event0 but found libxcb-event1, and still have the problem...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Serge I hope you have resolved your issue by now, really sorry haven't been checking on comments for my posts, however if not and if you are still checking on here let me know, even I'll try to look around a bit

    ReplyDelete