Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Firefox font separated more than enough

OS: Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron)
Kernel: 2.6.24
Date: March 4th, 2009

Hi everyone, today I'll try to be real short. Anyway here is the situation, One day I was working with my laptop, and my Firefox font went all weird - it was separated beyond readable format however I couldn't figure out what and where went wrong. I didn't actually give much attention to previous update/ software install.

If you are facing the same situation here is what you should try:
  • Open Synaptic Package Manager and search for pango-graphite
  • if it is installed just remove it (Mark for removal and then apply).

OR

  • sudo apt-get remove pango-graphite

and your problem will be solved

I can't actually remember the source for this solution :( Sorry about that, if anyone come across it somewhere on net put a comment. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment