Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Messing up with Inspiron Keyboard

This one is not related to Ubuntu or any kinda solution for any problem.
Its just something I did with my Inspiron 1525 keyboard. If any of you are interested in whats down there under the hood (keyboard) then have a look.
P.S. If you want to try it as well please do so on your own risk. I won't take any responsibility at all.
That said, It took me around 7 hrs to disassemble and assemble that keyboard, phew it was too much work.
  • The way you see your laptop:


  • After removing these keys you will see little white mechanical holders:
  • And here are the keys those reminded me of LEGO :) :
  • Then comes the rubber pads which actually make contact with the keyboard matrix (About matrix type keyboard I'm not quite sure however thats what I learned for my embedded systems):


  • That pad needed to be removed to have a look at plastic connector:


  • Then we have plastic connector matrix:


  • Well next 2 are nearly same but for first of them I want you to have a look at flip side of blue connector & never think of removing it I suppose it used to be glued for proper connections:


  • And here is the bottom most layer can't go below it and not even sure whether it has any connections or no:


Well thats all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment